Want to be the next one up for a promotion?
Finding stability in the working world isn’t only about who is best at the job – it’s about maintaining strong relationships with your peers, taking on responsibilities and proving you’re a team player. Every person is naturally strong at some of these things and will struggle with others. That’s why HopeWorks’ Personal and Career Development course is helpful to every person, no matter their career goals or aspirations.
What is PCD at HopeWorks?
HopeWorks Personal and Career Development course is a 10- to 13‐week, tuition‐free program that will unlock professional skills and knowledge you need to grow as a member of the workforce. Through up to 300 hours of classroom instruction and counseling, our PCD graduates leave HopeWorks with the tools needed to obtain and keep a meaningful career.
At HopeWorks, we believe that employment is a gift from God, and a way that we can honor Him. Our PCD students, in addition to time with our trained counselors, will also have access to a faith encourager. This person will serve as a source of professional and spiritual guidance for our students. Oftentimes these relationships continue long after students graduate from our PCD class.
Is PCD right for me?
If you’re unhappy with your current career path, want to change your industry, or feel like you could benefit from detailed professional training, then HopeWorks’ PCD class is right for you.
If you work an hourly job, but really want to find a salaried position with benefits, HopeWorks’ PCD class is right for you.
If you find that you’re getting passed up for promotions, have conflict with your supervisor or don’t feel confident in your current job, HopeWorks PCD class is right for you.
The reality is that all professionals can benefit from HopeWorks PCD classes. What are you waiting for?
Want to know more? Here are the details:
- Students attend the program on a full‐time basis, Monday through Friday. We offer this program three times a year with approximately 20 students per class.
- Students will complete 100 classroom hours focused on getting and keeping a job. A special program just for men also includes fatherhood skills.
- Students then complete 120 hours of classroom exercises and counseling focused on character development, identifying and building student strengths and values, and on encouraging self‐esteem.
- Then, students complete 80 internship hours with a community employer learning the requirements of obtaining and maintaining full‐time employment.
- If you don’t have your HiSET, we offer on‐site HiSET preparation classes to obtain a high school equivalency degree.
- If you don’t have access to transportation, we provide bus passes to ensure you don’t miss a class.
- We offer daily spiritual guidance, nourishment and support.
- We support students throughout their lives with Individual counseling and group counseling as well as ongoing counseling for alumni.
- Students receive entry‐level computer skills training.
- All students are partnered with a mentor or faith encourager for weekly encouragement.
Get started today. Call 901-272-3700.
Did you know we also offer PCD in prison? Learn more about that program here.