• Graduate in class #63 in December of 2009
• Mary works for TJMaxx on Summer and has been a volunteer reading tutor at Memphis Literacy Council for many years
• Three things she enjoys about her job are the customers, her co-workers, and the employee discount.
• Mary says HopeWorks helped her develop more confidence in herself and how to handle herself on the job
• We honor Mary for being on her job for 3 years.
• Graduate in class #48 in August 2006
• Bobby works for Advanced Cold Forming as a machine operator.
• Two things he likes about the job are good hours and good pay.
• HopeWorks helped him learn how to give a speech. He said he learned the importance of being on time and developed a better work ethic. He also had a wonderful internship while he was here.
• Bobby said there are things he learned at HopeWorks that he is now passing along to his children.
• We honor Bobby for being on his job for 3 years.
• Graduate in class #31 in April of 2001
• Carolyn works for MCS as a secretary at Lincoln Elementary
• She loves everything about her job, especially being around people and communicating.
• At HopeWorks, she enjoyed meeting new people, learning new life skills, the kind-hearted volunteers who provided lunches. She has fond memories of Miss Verla working in the office on the old typewriter and sharing words of wisdom.
• “Being around Miss Verla gave me strength and motivation.”
• We honor Carolyn for being on her job for 12 years!